Dispatcher- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Become a Dispatcher in Norwalk, CAWant to work for a company
that's REALLY moving? Join First Transit!The Dispatcher assures all
routes are filled as assigned and bus operators are provided with
timely instructions and responses to requests for operational
information throughout the day. This position also responds to
customer and team inquiries. We hire individuals who make safety
and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive,
confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking
for you!First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive wages $16.50 hourly
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!Dispatcher Major Responsibilities:
- Responds to customer inquiries and needs in a timely manner.
Serves as intake person for customer complaints/commendations and
sells bus passes
- Oversees road service assigned carriers by tracking trip
performance measures, route begin on time, performance, incidents,
- Processes route openings, insertions, extensions and issue
- Uses computer system to retrieve scheduled information. Uses
reference material to quickly and accurately determine the best
method to assist client.
- Provides customer support by responding to questions and
concerns regarding customer trips including no shows, cancellations
and missed trips.
- Completes a variety of daily reports and clerical duties
- Answers and directs business calls to appropriate
- Manages emergency situations for vehicle operators; act as
liaison between the carrier and emergency services.
- Manages daily service by reviewing route performance and
proactively responding to situations that impact customer
service.Dispatcher Experience & Skills:
- 1 year of customer service, dispatch, or scheduling experience
- Read, write, and speak English. Bilingual spanish a plus.
- Basic Microsoft knowledge.
- Excellent phone demeanor and customer service skills
- Computer literacy required
- Class BP VTT license required as Dispatcher cover routes
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, judgment and problem solving
abilitiesWe aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all. Associated topics: ambulance, dispatch,
dispatcher, emd, emt, police, public safety, service
representative, telecommunications, telecommunicator
Keywords: First Group, Norwalk , Dispatcher- First Group, Professions , Norwalk, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!