Material Handler 1
Company: International Paper Company
Posted on: January 15, 2022
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to
make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite
Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International
Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and
packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the
environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than
100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can
collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future
success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and
supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your
destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and
total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Material Handler 1
To perform entry level material handling for material processing in
Umbrella responsibilities of all employees
* Assist and support implementation of EHS initiatives and
strategies to reduce risk including but not limited to the areas
of: OSHA, ergonomics, injury / illness reduction, hazard
communication, environmental, emergency preparedness, and general
* Supports LIFE areas, Safety Leading Indicators and Global Program
* Ensures a clean and safe work environment
* Adhering to Plant policies and guidelines
* Working safely and looking out for the safety of those around
* Following Safe Reliable Methods (SRMs) or Job Safety Analyses
* Maintaining a safe and clean work environment according to plant
* Attending and participating in Plant safety meetings.
* Managing controllable costs through proper equipment, tool and
* Reporting any safety or maintenance concerns
* Complete daily pre-start forklift maintenance inspection report
* Complete sorting and deboxing of material
* Move/stack pallets/materials on the production floor
* Dump gaylords, totes and cages
* Complete daily weekly monthly PMs for all certified mobile
* Must be able to lift 25 - 30 lbs.
* Other duties as assigned
Personal Protective Equipment
* Gloves, approved safety glasses, ear plugs, safety vest, steel
toed shoes, hard hat.
Equipment Operated and Monitored
* Hand truck
* Plastic Bander
Information collected and exchanged
* Communicate with floor lead - maintenance issues, downtime,
production issues, unacceptable or non-conforming loads, poor bale
quality, or any other issues with material being handled.
The above job description in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties to be performed. The employee is expected to
perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Norwalk CA 90650
Norwalk, CA, US, 90650
Category: Hourly Job
Date: Jan 4, 2022
If you are not finding suitable opportunities now, please click
below to join our talent community!
Join Our Community
Keywords: International Paper Company, Norwalk , Material Handler 1, Professions , Norwalk, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!