General Education Science Instructor, Sub
Company: West Coast University
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Reporting directly to the campus Academic Dean and/or University
Chair of General Education, the Instructor I, General Education
supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and
goals. Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation,
responsiveness, and accountability. Provides professional
leadership and support, and serves as an educator, role model,
mentor and facilitator. Focuses extensively on facilitating student
learning associated with prescribed course and program learning
outcomes. Provides program-specific expertise and is actively
engaged in relevant department initiatives. Supports University,
campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance
with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal
consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning,
workplace and placement expectations. Actively and substantively
participates in assessment of student learning activities at the
course and prog5ram level to maximize the potential for students to
learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes. Vigorously
upholds a culture of academic integrity. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Every effort has been made to identify the
essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states
or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to
perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or
is an essential function of the position.) INSTRUCTIONAL
- Fulfills assigned teaching load.
- Consistently follows the master course syllabus.
- Effectively uses the LMS to supplement instruction (i.e.,
adaptive learning and flipping the classroom).
- Participates in and contributes substantively to course and
program level assessment activities via a continuous improvement
plan as set forth by General Education and/or the University.
- Regularly contributes to improvement of course materials and
syllabi within prescribed shared governance culture.
- Consistently employs a variety of teaching methodologies to
instruct students always with intent to facilitate observable
evidence of student fulfillment of prescribed learning
- Ensures that all laboratory safety protocols and procedures are
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for teaching and the teaching/learning
process and for individual students.
- Keeps regular approved office hours (for FT faculty).
- Follows established University protocols for providing timely
feedback and/or academic advising (i.e., Grades in Progress,
student Letters of Concern, etc.).
- Experienced and competent teaching skills as demonstrated by:
- student evaluations
- peer evaluations if assigned
- administration reviews
- evidence of documented student achievement of course student
- Mentors and takes an active interest in students.
- Actively engages in tutoring and remediation initiatives.
- Attends professional development activities each year as agreed
upon with supervisor in associate development plan.
- Attends teaching development activities each year as assigned
by supervisor to enhance teaching/learning skills.
- Attends all-faculty meetings twice per year (for full time
faculty attendance is required, for adjunct faculty attendance is
strongly recommended. PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND SERVICE:
- Attends Department, College and University meetings/councils as
arranged/approved by supervisor.
- Demeanor reflects collegiality and behavior demonstrates
professional and ethical conduct.
- Maintains membership in a professional organization.
- Develops connections within professional community both inside
and outside the University.
- Contributes/demonstrates ongoing service in at least one of the
- Community or Public Service
- Profession (member of professional organization)
- University -- other alternative approved activity as identified
by Faculty Handbook
- Actively and substantively participates in General Education
and University initiatives as assigned.
- May assist with gathering program data to ensure best practices
and optimal student outcomes. GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Records and posts daily class attendance and grades as
required, completes and submits assignments in a timely manner, and
grades tests, quizzes, lab assignments promptly, returning
constructive feedback to students as soon as possible. Engages in
systematic collection of student's work for University outcomes
assessment purposes. EDUCATION:
- Master's degree in specialty field required.
- If applicable, certification(s) in area(s) of specialization
- Must provide a documented background in educational methodology
consistent with teaching assignments including but not limited to
education theory and practice, or current concepts relative to
specific subjects he or she will be teaching, or current clinical
practice experience, or distance education techniques and delivery.
- Two or more years' experience (minimum of 30 teaching credits
of instruction, or 10 3-unit courses or equivalent) in teaching in
a university or college setting required.
- If applicable, certification(s) in area(s) of specialization
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products,
especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products
- Program specific:
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating
to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards
and/or accreditation bodies. ABOUT USFor over 100 years, West Coast
University has been educating and preparing students for
professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern
California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique
student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will
be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast
University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to
embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to
professional success. We deliver transformational education within
a culture of integrity and personal accountability. Our benefited
faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional DevelopmentWest Coast University is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to
work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.Campus: WCU
Keywords: West Coast University, Norwalk , General Education Science Instructor, Sub, Other , Norwalk, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!