Front Desk Agent- EVEN Hotel Norwalk, Connecticut
Company: InterContinental Hotels Group
Posted on: April 30, 2021
At EVEN Hotels we provide a thoughtful lifestyle offering for
travelers seeking more options to stay healthier and balanced away
from home. Our hotels and wellness-savvy colleagues offer guests a
best-in-class fitness experience, healthier food options and
flexible working spaces. We inspire our guests to stay on track
with their wellness routines so they can be at their best and
achieve more. As a member of the EVEN Hotels team, you'll bring
your passion for wellness, encouraging others and building
connections with every interaction. To inspire our Guests to stay
on Track while on the road, we will: Enliven Wellnessthrough our
passion, knowledge, and resources available to ensure balance and
holistic well-being. Be Encouragingby recognizing our guest's
achievements and offering positive words of encouragement and
suggestions. GetPersonal to understand our guest wellness goals and
help them maximize their wellness journey while traveling. The Keep
Active Host provides top notch customer service to ensure guests
are taken care of by delivering a guest experience that is unique
and brings the EVEN Hotels brand to life. The Keep Active Host
delivers core guest services (EVEN Hotels signature greeting with
hand towel and water, registration/check-in/out luggage assistance,
guest services and support, familiarization with hotel facilities)
and supports wellness by engaging guests with expertise at the
Wellness Wall and Athletic Studio, and is cross-trained as an Eat
Well Host. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcomes and provides personal recognition promptly and
professionally to guests upon arrival.
- Offers each guest a welcome drink upon arrival, completes the
check-in transaction efficiently, describes the hotel services and
demonstrates the Wellness Wall and applicable guests mobile device
- Interacts with guests to discover their wellness needs and
offers options to help guests make healthier choices during their
- Extends invitations to hotel wellness programs and best support
the guests' wellness routines.
- Monitors Athletic Studio, keeps equipment clean, and has fresh
water available at all times.
- Demonstrates proper use of fitness equipment as requested.
- Answers phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Up-sells rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Books, confirms, revises and cancels guest reservations as
- Serves as Eat Well Host to handle peak dining periods.
- Operates the retail sundry sales area and keeps shelves stock
- Hosts and participates in regular hotel wellness programs and
fulfills scheduled exercise workouts in the Flex Room.
- Ensures billing instructions and guest credit for compliance
with hotel credit policy and ensures all transactions are handled
in a secure manner.
- Processes cash and credit card transactions according to
standard operating procedures, including posting all charges,
completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and
counting/securing assigned bank.
- Shares own wellness journey with colleagues and guests.
- Leverages the support of other team members and departments to
enhance the guest experience.
- Communicates and coordinates with other departments to provide
and receive insight about guest needs, requests, and
- Responds appropriately to guest complaints and implements
appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total
- Demonstrates Brand-heartedness by putting the brand at the
center of all activities.
- Remains current on brand, wellness, nutrition and industry
information required to deliver the EVEN Hotels programs and
- Seeks and uses guest feedback to build relationships with
guests, and drives continuous improvement in guest
- Ensures that special needs and requests of guests, VIPs, and
IHG Rewards Club Members are fulfilled.
- Maintains Green Engage initiatives in assigned work area.
- Knows procedures to handle emergency/crisis. High School
diploma or equivalent, plus one year front desk/guest service
experience or 2 years face-to-face customer service experience in
any service related industry, including retail:
- Must speak fluent English
- Flexible work schedule
- Preferred: Bilingual, Spanish
- Some college classes
- Hotel or cruise ship guest services experience
- Demonstrated recent and regular participation in wellness,
nutrition, sports, fitness or similar activities a plus.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time
when interacting with guests and employees.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or
valid health/food handler card as required by local or state
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities
are often used.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling various objects
- Using a keyboard to operate various property management and
reservations systems, etc. In return we'll give you a competitive
financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and
dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched
401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as
the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly,
we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion?
Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your
individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer:
Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Keywords: InterContinental Hotels Group, Norwalk , Front Desk Agent- EVEN Hotel Norwalk, Connecticut, Hospitality & Tourism , Norwalk, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!