Lactation Consultant OC RN
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Collaborates with Education Consultants and managers to develop,
design, deliver and evaluate/improve education strategies and
special projects/programs based on clients departmental goals and
needs, as well as organizational goals/objectives. Implements
education programs and strategies and coordinates to meet
regulatory program requirements and organizational needs.Essential
- Develops, coordinates and evaluates programs to meet regulatory
requirements and organizational, departmental and discipline
- Designs, develops, and coordinates activities for continuing
professional education for staff.
- Collaborates with consultants to develop special projects in
professional education, development and learning.
- Communicates and markets education programs to a broad target
audience using appropriate methods, and based on
- Participates in classroom instruction on developed
- Makes recommendations for cost/quality strategies, works within
budget; serves as expert resource to staff and departments in
defining and meeting educational, clinical, quality and cost
outcomes and performance measures.
- Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates/improves the
orientation, cross training and education/competency
processes/systems for clinical staff.
- Responds to corporate and industry changes in clinical practice
and professional education and provides necessary training,
education and development which improves organizational
- Ensures compliance and documentation of organizational records
based on regulatory agency standards.Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum two (2) years of previous teaching experience required
or previous recent experience in in-service education in clinical
service area (usually two (2) to five (5) years.). -Education
- Bachelors degree or four (4) years of experience in a directly
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required. -License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- International Board Lactation Consultant Examiners Certificate
within 12 months of hire -Additional Requirements:
- Experience in breast-feeding education and postpartum and/or
- Knowledge of Standards of Care pertinent to breast-feeding
- Adult learning knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize interpersonal, written and
verbal communication skills and group facilitator/process
- Computer literacy required. -Preferred Qualifications:
- Masters Degree preferred.
- BSN preferred.
- CPR instructor preferred.
- Certified Lactation Educator (CLE).
- Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong customer service skills.PrimaryLocation :
California,Anaheim,Orange Co Anaheim Medical CenterHoursPerWeek :
32Shift : EveningWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat,
SunWorkingHoursStart : 02:00 PMWorkingHoursEnd : 10:30 PMJob
Schedule : Part-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : B21-AFSCME-SCNSCJob Level
: Individual ContributorJob Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse
PractitionersDepartment : OC Anaheim Medical Center - Family Center
Perinatal - 0801Travel : NoKaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Norwalk , Lactation Consultant OC RN, Healthcare , Norwalk, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...