Respiratory Therapist Ambulatory Services Full Time
Company: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Posted on: January 9, 2022
If you are interested please apply online and send your resume
The Registered Respiratory Therapist serves as an intricate member
of the healthcare team at Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital
by establishing an authentic personalized relationship with the
patient. Collaborates with physicians and other team members to
assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualized respiratory
plan of care that promotes optimal health. The Registered
Respiratory Therapist utilizes best scientific evidence and
nationally recognized diagnostic test standards to complete
Pulmonary Function Testing in a laboratory environment. The
Registered Respiratory Therapist accepts responsibility, authority,
and accountability for management and provision of care in
accordance with the current policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Obtains pertinent patient history, and reviews medication
* Explains and demonstrates testing, and instructs patients in
testing procedures to ensure patient's best effort.
* Sets up and operates equipment required for each specific
pulmonary test, including gas analyzers, volume, flow and time
measuring devices, aerosol delivery devices, and other required
* Performs routine function tests according to protocols
established by the ATS including PFTs, DLCO, FRC, (with and without
bronchodilators) Methacholine Challenge tests, and oximetry both at
rest and with exercise.
* Assesses patient's performance and uses clinical judgment to
determine the adequacy of effort, and will repeat components of
testing as needed to obtain valid test results.
* Utilizes pulmonary testing software, and incorporates test
results into the EMR system.
* Supervises point-of-care screening PFT.
* Instructs patients on overnight oximetry and performs an initial
screening of results.
* Assists Pulmonologist with special exams/procedures.
* Performs six-minute walk tests.
* Provides first-level troubleshooting for pulmonary function
equipment. Performs quality control procedures on pulmonary testing
equipment to ensure proper operation and integrity of test results.
Responsible for care and maintenance of pulmonary equipment.
* Calibrates testing equipment, and ensures proper function,
cleanliness and operation prior to patient use.
* Assists in department workflows as needed.
* Utilization of the EMR as it pertains to pulmonary workflows.
* Regular and reliable attendance in accordance with department
needs and company policies.
* Adheres to all HIPAA privacy and security policies and practices.
Reports violations and incidents they observe and cooperates in
investigations as requested by management.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Associate's degree in Respiratory Therapy.
* National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) Certified Respiratory
Therapist (CRT) credential or
* National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) Registered Respiratory
Therapist (RRT) credential.
* Current California Respiratory Care Practitioner license
* Requires one (1) to two (2) years of respiratory therapy
experience as an RRT in hospital pr physician office. In lieu of
this experience, consideration will be made for an applicant with
strong education and associated experiential background.
* Proficiency with pulmonary function testing and equipment.
* Understanding of medical terminology in verbal and written
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
* Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
* Basic computer and keyboard skills-Windows programs
* Current Basic Life Support (B LS)
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Equal Rights Employer
Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military
service, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local
laws. This application is intended for use in evaluating your
application for employment. Please click the link below to view the
E-verify or Right to Work information.
MLK Community Healthcare
1680 E 120th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90059
Keywords: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital, Norwalk , Respiratory Therapist Ambulatory Services Full Time, Healthcare , Norwalk, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!