Associate Director-Wholesale Markets & Analysis
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Job Family:Sustainability ConsultingTravel Required:Up to
10%Clearance Required:None What You Will Do : The Wholesale Markets
& Analysis Team's work supports investors bringing in new
grid-scale and community renewable and storage resources, and
assists utilities and large commercial companies in their ESG,
decarbonization and renewable integration efforts.Our team develops
and maintains a suite of quantitative market models that
Guidehouse's key clients, renewable and storage developers, and
utilities depend on for capital investment decisions and grid
reliability. Through our wholesale market expertise and modeling
capabilities, we forecast energy prices across North America, along
with generating resource additions and retirements, hourly
optimization of assets across different price/revenue streams, and
more. The team maintains its independent view of North American
markets in its bi-annual Reference Case.Responsibilities of an
Associate Director include:
- Leading large and complex client engagements from end to
- Managing staff and assisting in business development
- Tracking and analyzing energy market trends.
- Compiling reports, presentations, and other documents to
communicate solutions, strategies, and analysis to clients.
- Supporting the day-to-day management of client
- Developing and managing work plans, staffing, deadlines, and
budgets for multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Developing and using analytical models, programming, and
simulations to forecast market prices, conduct research and
development, and create tools to improve productivity and
- Performing data collection, manipulation, and analyses, which
may involve spreadsheet and database creation and management.
- The ability to assume complete ownership of significant
projects is essential.On our team you'll:
- Be an expert in ISO/RTO markets across North America, with
knowledge ranging from Locational Marginal Pricing, to capacity
auctions and ancillary services.
- Be intimately familiar with the economics and policies driving
renewable and battery storage development across North
- Run simulations of the operation of the electric grid using a
- Forecast the addition/retirement of generating resources using
a capacity expansion model.
- Be an expert in how utilities procure power, integrate
renewables, and maintain reliability.
- Help us develop our Reference Case and make it even more
valuable for our clients.Associate Directors own large and complex
client engagements from cultivation to completion. In this role,
you will be accountable for the activities of the project team and
support the day-to-day management of the client relationship. You
are expected to effectively develop and manage work plans,
staffing, deadlines and budgets for multiple complex projects
simultaneously. Work products are expected to be high-quality and
client-ready. In this visible role, you will lead team meetings,
and guide, manage, and coach consultants and senior consultants,
providing constructive feedback on project participation and
overall career development. Associate Directors work closely with
Directors and Partners to keep them abreast of project progress and
important developments. Associate Directors take a key role in
supporting sales initiatives and practice development. What You
Will Need :
- Bachelor's degree in a business, policy, environmental,
economics, finance, engineering, science and/or related
- At least 7 years of experience in a related field (e.g.
business strategy, energy).
- Experience with production cost and/or capacity expansion
models such as: Aurora, Plexos, Enelytix-PSO or PROMOD etc.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced with data analytics, data modeling and
- Proactive and independent work style.
- Ability to assume ownership of significant portions of tasks
while collaborating with a close-knit team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with researching, spreadsheets,
databases, word processing, and slide presentation software.
- Travel is likely. What Would Be Nice To Have :
- Masters Degree in business, policy, environmental, economics,
finance, engineering, science and/or related discipline.
- Experience with wholesale energy markets or renewable/storage
- Experience modeling energy prices or capacity expansionThe
annual salary range for this position is $128,000.00-$256,100.00.
Compensation decisions depend on a wide range of factors, including
but not limited to skill sets, experience and training, security
clearances, licensure and certifications, and other business and
organizational needs.What We Offer:Guidehouse offers a
comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive
compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our
commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.Benefits
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Student Loan PayDown
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Mobility StipendAbout GuidehouseGuidehouse is an Equal
Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression,
age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law,
ordinance, or regulation.Guidehouse will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the
Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.If you have
visited our website for information about employment opportunities,
or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation,
please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All
information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used
only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable
accommodation. Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes
through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited
resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and
Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Keywords: Guidehouse, Norwalk , Associate Director-Wholesale Markets & Analysis, Executive , Norwalk, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...