Director of Product Management (Technical)
Company: First American Financial Corporation
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American
(NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are
passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about
fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and
empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our
inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous
accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies
to Work For list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned
awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+
employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best
places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a
great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit .
We are looking for a customer-centric Director of Product
Management who will play a pivotal role in managing and growing key
business critical products for First American. In this role you
will direct a team of technical product managers, to collaborate
with business product owners and drive strategic vision for
products, manage the product roadmap and grow the usage of the
products. You will closely work with business product owners,
engineering teams and vendors to execute the product strategy,
making critical trade-offs between features and time-to-market to
ensure business commitments for delivery and quality are met and
value is delivered. You will collaboratively work with dedicated
engineering teams and ensure that your product is well architected,
and delivers on scalability, reliability and quality
As a Product Management practice leader, you will play a critical
role in promoting product and design thinking, use your deep
knowledge of technology, processes, methodologies
and principles to direct your product teams to successful outcomes.
You will implement goals and define key results for your products
that support the department's strategic objectives. You will be
responsible for growing and maturing the technical product
management practice for the department, and for people and
performance management of your team.
Strong business process and operational performance management
experience preferred with the ability to be flexible, adaptable
while thriving in collaborative work environments. Ideal candidates
are self-starters and problem solvers who bring original ideas,
fresh thinking and growth mindset to the team.
As a Director of Technical Product Management, this role:
- Partners closely with key stakeholders across business and
technology to develop and convey technical product vision
- Develops, defines, maintains, and communicates product
strategy, roadmap, and release plans
- Collaborates and communicates with executive steering
committees on roadmap priorities and recommended features.
- Develops a deep understanding of customer experience, identify,
and fill product gaps, and generate new ideas that improve customer
experience and drive growth
- Facilitates and drives alignment among key stakeholders and
lead them to converge on creating a shared view of product
- Works closely with business product owners and users to
understand and validate their needs using Lean and Design
- Translates business needs, user needs and technological
capabilities into user stories and product specifications that will
lead to successful implementations.
- Ensures product features support strategic business goals and
defines metrics to measure ROI
- Measures Customer Satisfaction: defines and measures success.
Drives appropriate action plans to address when success measures
are not met.
- Partners with enterprise Portfolio Management in managing the
- Conducts regular feedback sessions to gain valuable customer
feedback on the product being developed.
- Understands technical aspects well enough to help the team make
the right decisions about prioritizing not only new product
features but also reducing technical debt, improving resiliency or
- Work closely with product engineering teams to deliver with
quick time-to-market and optimize resources to deliver value to
- Assist with business cases and analytical insights for new
product initiatives by identifying clear problems and success
metrics, quantitively analyzing related metrics, and using data to
make informed product decisions.
- Lead and coordinate product implementation efforts between
internal teams and outside vendors to develop optimal solutions.
Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of product management experience with strong customer
- 4+ years of experience managing direct reports
- Progressive experience working in other aspects of technology
like Engineering, Business Analysis, Consulting and Technical
- Proven track record in delivering, growing, and enhancing
products that have delighted customers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical
information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally
and in writing.
- Strong leadership presence with excellent communication skills
and the ability to interact with stakeholders and all levels of
management. Collaboratively engages with leaders to create,
identify, and implement solutions to further effectiveness of the
- High level of business acumen, strategic agility, influence
outcomes and change, and negotiate for resources
- Lead and participate in strategy and long-range planning
meetings and provide advice and guidance on direction of product
- Has a deep understanding of Agile, Design Thinking, CX and UX
- Strategic thinker with strong problem solving and analytical
skills. Innovative and forward thinking, decisive and action
- Ability to pivot, re-prioritize and re-align product design and
delivery in response to changing business needs
- Technical fluency - Ability to understand, discuss, and
challenge architectural concepts, tradeoffs, and new opportunities
with technical team members.
- Responsible for hiring, managing, developing and evaluating
team members. Skilled at addressing performance problems.
- Experience managing large product and program financials
including capacity planning and demand management
- Deep understanding of Agile, Lean and Design Thinking
- Skilled at measuring success using metrics using metric
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a technical
- Preferred: Experience in the Financial Services and Insurance
- Preferred: Product Management and Customer Experience
certifications with credentials like Advanced or Professional
- Preferred: Knowledge of agile planning tools (e.g. ADO, JIRA,
Confluence) Pay Range:
- $103,600 - $172,700 annually
- This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of
the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the
posting, and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered
will be determined by various factors, which may include a
candidate's education, training, experience, and geographic
First American invests in its employees' development and
well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and
encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work.
First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an
equal opportunity employer. Based on eligibility, First American
offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an
employee stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American Financial Corporation, Norwalk , Director of Product Management (Technical), Executive , Norwalk, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!