Service Center Technician
Posted on: June 25, 2022
What We're Offering
- Paid time off plus paid holidays
- Medical/dental/vision insurance plan
- Life insurance, short/longterm disability,
tuitionreimbursement, flex spending, employee stock purchase plan,
and employee discount programs
- 401K plan
- Culture:We value and strive for excellence in all that we do
through innovative technology by creating long-lasting
relationships with our stakeholders, co-workers, and customers. We
continentally strive to foster teamwork, engagement and enhance our
employee's skills and competence by providing appropriate
training.EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions
for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and
assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more
than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading,
PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We
complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems
with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales
and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of
battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored
DC power products.We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring
all employees possess the following core competencies: customer
focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication
skills, and works safely.
Motive Power applications include industrial lift trucks and pallet
jacks, rail equipment, mining equipment, and airline ground support
equipment. Some of the motive power brands include Hawker,
Ironclad, General Battery, and Fiamm. Wherever there is a need for
motive power, EnerSys offers the perfect energy solution.
The Service Center Technician will regularly repair, adjust, clean
or prepare batteries for shipment. Replace electrical or mechanical
components or parts, using hand tools, power tools, or soldering or
welding equipment. Operate machines to test functioning of parts or
mechanisms. Occasionally drives truck to transport materials to and
from specified destinations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Removes and disassembles cells and inspects parts to detect
- Replaces defective parts, reassembles battery, and fuses lead
parts with gas torch.
- Fills cells with acid solution and determines specific gravity
- Attaches charger leads to battery posts or connector and starts
- Reads meters and adjusts charge parameters to control time and
flow of current through battery.
- Washes, cleans, and neutralizes customer's batteries.
- Prepares new product for shipment.
- Loads and unloads truck.
- As business needs necessitate, travel to customer sites to
evaluate, diagnose, and repair defective equipment.
- Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not
limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and
- Other duties may apply.Qualifications
- A high school diploma or equivalent; or industry-related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
A basic mechanical aptitude.
Previous experience working with hand and power tools.
Able to read and comprehend manuals, procedures, and other written
documents written in English.Driving Qualifications
- Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record
with minimal traffic violations.
Must be at least 18years of age to drive a company vehicle.
Able and willing to operate a forklift.
Able and willing to travel to customer sites when needed.
Able and willing to do overnight travel when required.Preferred
- A basic electrical understanding.
The use of test equipment and reading schematics.General Job
- Must be able to differentiate colors.
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily
continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance
of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal
Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
- Risk of electrical shock.
- This position requires working in a plant/warehouse
environment. Therefore, expect varying working conditions.EnerSys
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Keywords: EnerSys, Norwalk , Service Center Technician, Engineering , Norwalk, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!